Friday, November 19, 2010

The First Thanksgiving - Performance

Our First Thanksgiving Play!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
10:30 a.m.
The Church

I am sure you have heard at home about the First Thanksgiving Play our third grade class is going to be performing on Tuesday, November 23 at 10:30 during our Thanksgiving Prayer Service for the school.

During November, the Third Grade did a special Thanksgiving History Unit and we learned all about why the English came to America and about the obstacles they faced, their voyage and the realities of that very first Thanksgiving.

As a class we decided it would be wonderful to share what we learned with the school in a performance format.  So I put together a play for the kids and they will be displaying all their wonderful knowledge (and dramatic skills) for the whole school and any family and friends that are able to attend.

I hope you can join us on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. as I know your children have worked hard and will be excited to see you there.  If you are unable to make it, given the busy holiday week, I will have some video-tape the performance and I will get it onto my blog (fingers crossed the length will be ok J).

In addition, I am sure the kids have been asking if they can bring items into school to utilize for the play, for props, costumes and scenery.  We brainstormed as a class things we would want/need and the kids discussed who had what – so yes, they are allowed to be bringing these items in, with your approval of course.  Please have all props and items brought in on Monday so we know what we are dealing with for Tuesday.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call me at school or email me.

Thanks so much for all your support in helping give the students such rich, learning experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment